Tuesday, September 8, 2009

ONE

I am always writing.  I am walking down a street and my head is writing beautiful sentences with flawless phrasing... unfortunately I can never remember any of it when I sit down to write.  I like to think of the grand colors and poetry of life. I want to soak in its fluidity and box it up for everyone to see. I want to scoop it up in my fingers and feel its electricity.

 

I don’t want to sleep anymore. I don’t want to listen to this sickness that says that life is anything but your close friend and lover. I want to notice the blues in your eyes and feel the sand beneath my toes. I want to make a maddening love to this life and feel its current through my veins.

 

I want to see it all. Take its breath each moment though all my senses and convert it. I feel more strongly then ever to write. I want to write and take photos and show these people the life I see. I want to fall. I want to fall deep and laugh the whole way. This is about experiencing everything, about not looking back and wondering if its all safe and ok. Why am I so afraid of regrets?  To regret is to re-live a past moment and miss the current one. It’s the death of life in this very moment.

 

I don’t believe in can’t. I refuse to follow conventional living. I know there’s more. Many just don’t believe. They don’t believe in me or my confusion, they don’t believe in themselves. It’s all fear, and its killing the life within. I refuse to follow that path. I’m going to find this life behind closed doors and show you. It’s not here yet, not yet. But find it I will. I will show you

A poem I wrote back in college

Look deeply into her eyes

These eyes that have seen so much

felt so much

These eyes that carry the fragile soul within them

this life is so unyielding

time stops for no one

everyday the sun rises, and life changes all over again.

Count on nothing, no one to complete you

Everything you seek is right there within

and hold on tight

while everything else fades away..

You attach yourself to everything

and theres where the worlds unhappiness lies..

because everything is nothing,

until you find yourself.

And search no more, because you are already there.

and always have been

You already own everything you seek

hold that flower petal tight,

there you are.

Feel that flickering heat of the candle wick,

there you are.

taste that bitter-sweet berry off the grape vine,

 there you are.

always have been

part of the soul of the world.

Look deeply into her eyes -

see all she has seen

all she has felt

feel her- you already are her

eternal sunshine

        we are all One. 

No comments:

Post a Comment