Tuesday, October 13, 2009

For my ConStanT


I have a dream. 


I can feel what it will make me feel, I can taste what it will make me taste. I can feel its life within me. What does a “calling” feel like? Like this feeling right now. It feels like a calling back to home, it feels like heaven pulling you. It’s a soft melody you can’t remove from your memory, although you can’t figure out how you got the tune in the first place. It’s a long lost love that you’ve tried to forget. You can’t figure out why it won’t go away, but its there, and its there for life. You just know. There is no logic behind it because you don’t yet know why it’s there.. but you understand, for some reason not yet come to realization, that it will be everything you forgot you knew.


The happiness and the fulfillment you never thought you’d feel; I can just feel the sun on my face, the hand in mine. I can smell the perfumes, I can feel his lips. It’ll be late nights and long days and a book that will spell perfection. It will be my final home. I will feel the warm tears streak my face when thinking of how close this dream came to being a regret of a life never lived.


It feels like a warm summer afternoon, a crisp tart apple on your tongue, a lily pedal caressing your skin. It’s coming home. It’s a calling. It doesn’t follow logic, it follows your heart. Follow it and you will follow the Gods to their final resting place. Follow it and you will taste freedom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment