Sunday, August 16, 2009

sweet melodies

A journal I wrote last March before my 25th birthday

 

Who are you?

What do you want from me?

 

You are the quiet knowings, a soft whisper that I can’t ignore

 

When my feet become settled, my body comfortable in warmth

My heart flutters, unsettled

The ears of my intuition tweak

And I hear you once again

 

Visions of far away places,

Open fields, colorful cultures

Grand schemes and surpassing love

Wisdom

 Strength

 

Darker voices rebel in fear

Fear

Fear

 

“what if…”                                    “I can’t…”

                        “I shouldn’t …”

 

I know better

Some distant part comforts me

In knowing those darker voices aren’t true

… it wouldn’t be that way…

 

but its all I can think

     more fear

The strength of which suffocates my dreams

 

… until the next quiet hour

when sweet whispers sing soft melodies

of thick accents and salty ocean air…..                 far away

 

Someday… my desire will continue to grow

Like fire in the abunance of oxygen

It will roar and with a burning strength I shall step into the unknown

 

For if it would reverse

Have pitty on me dear friend

For then I will have neglected my heart, my one true love,

Quieted those true voices

Something within me will have died

 

And I would have allowed it.

 

Fear is a dangerous enemy.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment